Thursday, November 20, 2008

Swim, Register, Bike

Tempe Town Lake was open for swimming from 8:00 to 10:00 and so we went to get in a swim. My main objective was to find good sight lines, but there really aren't any. As with the Soma Half last month, I guess I am just going to have to follow the pack and hope it doesn't lead me astray. The swim itself was good, I did about two miles. If I feel as good coming out of the swim on Sunday as I did today, I will be very happy.

After the swim I registered for the Ironman and got all the stuff I need to complete this thing like transition bags and special needs bags. We then checked out the expo, which was surprisingly small for an ironman event.
I spent some time cleaning and oiling the bike and then took a ride to Kett Engineering's Chandler office to try out my new tires. I am really glad I got new ones. The ride was about 18.5 miles, enough to know I was on a ride, but not enough to tire me out.

Tomorrow I will swim again and then run about five miles. Saturday will be a rest day and Sunday...we'll hope for the best.
The Great Magnetic Wife will be arriving today and it will be wonderful to see her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, John. I hope to follow you soon in this endeavor.