Friday, November 7, 2008

A Long Ride Ahead And A Sore Behind


The Great Magnetic Wife is off in Little Rock, Arkansas attending the premier of her friend Lori Laitman's opera, The Scarlet Letter. I took the day off of work to do one last intense, long-weekend of training. Since I was unable to finish my 112 mile bike last Sunday because of equipment problems, I needed to get one in. I did four 28 mile loops on the Ballona Creek and Beach bike paths. It is mostly flat and windy, just like the bike course at Ironman Arizona. Also, I did not have to contend with stop signs and lights and there are bathrooms and water fountains along the way. It took about 6 hours and 40 minutes. I ran three miles after I put my bike back in the car. The legs were very wobbly for the first mile and a half, but they steadied after a while. I think I might be able to do this! 

The plan for tomorrow is sixteen miles with the L.A. Leggers and then about fifty on the bike. Sunday I will do one last long swim of two miles and then about thirty on the Bike. At that point I will begin my taper. If I am not ready now, it's too late.

No comments: