Sunday, November 16, 2008

Blowing A Lot Of Smoke


I'm glad I'm on my taper, because training has certainly been curtailed this weekend. I did run eight miles with the L.A. Leggers on Saturday morning and then did a mile for the Lawrence Fong Fun Run Fundraiser. The smoke from the fires hadn't quite reached Santa Monica yesterday morning, but I could certainly see the smoke coming that way. There was no other training plan for yesterday. Instead, I went to Glendale to volunteer for the Fall Festival at my church, which was fun. 

Today's plan was to swim for a mile and a half in the ocean, but I was worried about air quality because of the wildfires. The other alternative was to swim indoors, but as you can see from a few post back, I don't really have an indoor pool I like. I guess today is a rest day instead of tomorrow.

No comments: