Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

I guess it is time to reflect and time to plan. Reflection for me is mostly how blessed I have been. From my from my wonderful wife, to my great family, to my tremendous friends. I know that even though I am not deserving, God has blessed me for reasons I cannot fathom. Every hardship in my life seems to have ultimately made made my life better and made me more happy. I feel quite grateful that I have found triathlon to help me have goals to focus on and to help me keep fit.

We went out to Taylor's Steak House last night for what has become our traditional New Year's Eve dinner with The Grand exalted Poobah, Chris Bailey and his lovely wife Lisa, Greg Vargas and Ann McClean. The food was delicious, the company was great.

What are my resolutions this year? 1. Finish the L.A. Marathon. 2. Finish the Ironman 70.3 California (half-ironman.) Finish Ironman Arizona. 4. Move into a new place to live.

I was able to run for a mile and a half this morning. I then felt a little twinge in my calf and stopped. I walk for almost another two miles for a total of 3.8 miles. This is positive. I will be able to get back on track for the marathon and the half-ironman in March.