Thursday, January 3, 2008

Swimming With The Seals


Went swimming in a very cold Pacific yesterday with my new neoprene cap and booties. I was glad I had them, but I wish I would have bought the gloves also. I got out of the water about a hundred yards or so before my swimming partner, Tim Bomba. I was following him on the shore and noticed a seal was following him about ten to fifteen feet behind. this went on until Tim was about twenty yards from the shore. At that time the seal was sticking his head out of the ocean and seemed to be thinking, "where are you going? We were swimming. Come back!" Very cool.

Today I ran, very slowly, for an hour. I did twelve minute miles, but it felt good. I could barely feel my calf. The Leggers have a twenty three mile run planned for Saturday. I probably will not attempt that, but I might go with the half marathoners and do fourteen miles.

John Thum

No comments: