Sunday, January 27, 2008

Running/Biking, Lots Of Water, No Swimming


I ran twelve miles with the L.A. Leggers yesterday. For some reason I thought it was going to be ten, but when I heard it was twelve, not a problem. Just another indication of how far I have come.

About 3/4 of a mile from the finish, I heard a woman say, "who wants to finish strong?" She started taking off fast. I thought that sounded like a good idea and so I went with her. When we got to the final hill, which I usually walk, I just took off and beat everybody. I have always thought it was best to walk hills to conserve energy. I may change my tactics and assault hills. If I can do it at the end of a twelve mile run, I could do it any time.


I wanted to get in a bike ride before it rained and went out for about three hours in the afternoon. It started out sunny and ended up very threatening. It started to rain a few minutes after I got back. Good Timing. It started to rain hard and didn't let up until very early in the morning. It is raining again as I write this.


We went to Front Runners to get new shoes for the L.A. Marathon. I noticed that my current shoes were developing a hole in the toe. This way I will have time to break them in before the marathon.


John Thum

No comments: