Friday, June 27, 2008

Triathlon This Weekend In Ventura!


The old countdown clock is under 150 days to go until Ironman Arizona! This is getting a bit scary. 

On Sunday, 6/29/08, I am going to do The Breath Of Life Triathlon, my first triathlon since the Half Iron event at the end of March. It is an Olympic length tri, Swim-1.5k, Bike-40k, Run-10k. For some reason I am more nervous about this event than I was about the Half Iron triathlon, I've been training for much longer distances, but I guess because it has been a few months since I was actually in a race, I am a little apprehensive about getting a good rhythm. 

My time at this triathlon last year was 3:05:50. I don't really expect to better that.  Almost all of my training has been base training, that is to say long and slow. I am approaching this as a training day. I'm just going to do everything at a moderate pace and finish. My goal is not to set a PR at an Olympic length triathlon, my goal is to train to finish an Ironman in November. I have to remember that.

The Great Magnetic Wife and I are heading up to Ventura on Saturday and spending the night in Oxnard.

No comments: