Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ow! My Knee Hurts!


Ever since last Friday, I have had some inexplicable knee pain. I have not traumatized my knee at all, but there it is. I should say that I have had some knee pain since I was in the eighth grade and shattered my patella while playing softball during P.E. at Muirlands Junior High in La Jolla. In fact, before I got into triathlon, even the thought of running was painful. However, I believe that running has strengthened my knee and I have generally had less pain than before I started running. It's a little counter-intuitive, but it is the truth. 

This pain is becoming a little frightening. I have no idea where it is coming from and I have not been able to run because of it. I do have the Camp Pendleton Triathlon this Saturday, so I hope the knee cooperates. It is not quite as painful as it was, so it is healing. I just hope this is not a portent of things to come.

No comments: