Saturday, July 12, 2008

L.A. County Lifeguards Say I'm A Good Swimmer


I started the day off by going down to Hermosa Beach and doing a "check out" swim for the L.A. County Lifeguards. I am going to participate in the Dwight Crum Pier To Pier Swim in August, a two mile swim from the Hermosa Beach Pier to the Manhattan Beach Pier, and if one did not participate in the previous year's swim, one has to prove his swimming competency. I guess I am competent, because I was approved. We did a 500 meter swim in the ocean, it took about ten minutes. I'm pretty sure as long as you complete the swim and don't drown, you get approved.

I had my bike with me, so I rode from Hermosa Beach north to the Ballona Creek Bike Path and back, about 27 miles. I skipped running because my left knee is inexplicably painful, although better than it was yesterday. I hope it will be even better tomorrow, because the training plan calls for a seven mile run this weekend.

No comments: