Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Flat Tire


I did my usual twenty mile bike ride after work around Balboa Park in Encino. Everything was going just fine until I got a flat. I have been very lucky in relatively few flats I have had while cycling. In an odd way, I'm glad it happened. It has never happened to me during a race, but it probably will someday. I really need more practice changing flats. It took me about twenty minutes. If I did it again in the next week, it would probably take less than ten. But I do it so seldom that I forget the techniques of changing a flat.

One really nice thing about it, almost every cyclist on a road bike who came by asked if I was okay and if I needed help. I said, "no, just a flat." I probably could have used some help, but I felt that I really needed to do it myself.

No comments: