Friday, August 29, 2008

Biking, Old School


I got off work early today. We always get to leave at 1:30 on the Friday before a holiday. It's a nice little perk of the job. My plan was to ride twenty miles after work. Even though I had extra time, I still kept the workout light because tomorrow will be a major training day. As I was getting dressed in my office, I realized that I did not pack my Garmin Forerunner 305. Bummer! I know people used to ride their bikes without GPS systems and heart-rate monitors and cadence counters, but that is so five years ago. I guess you could still go cycling without all of those things, but why would you want to? We'll, I felt a lot like a pioneer trudging over the great plains in a covered wagon, but I decided to go ahead and ride the twenty miles without any techno-gadgets. It was very brave of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you could over come such dire straits...