Monday, February 23, 2009

The Year Of The Half Marathon


I signed up for the Pasadena Half Marathon which will be run on March 22. I also signed up for the Fontana Run Days Half Marathon which will be run on June 6. Fontana is my favorite half marathon. It is all downhill. I ran it in 2007 and had a time of 2:01:38, which is my PR by almost 22 minutes. This is a very fast course. They bill themselves as "The World's Fastest Half Marathon" and it is probably true. We'll see if I can beat 2 hours. Previously I signed up for the La Jolla Half Marathon on April 26.

I also entered the lottery for the New York City Marathon. I declared this the year of the half marathon, but if I get into New York, I guess I'll be doing two half marathons back-to-back. I entered the lottery last year and did not get in. If you enter three years in a row and do not get in, they will automatically take you on the fourth year. So, I figure I will probably run New York in 2011.

No comments: