Monday, March 2, 2009

Redondo Beach and Malibu


The 2009 season is coming together. Today I signed up for the Malibu Triathlon and the Redondo Beach Triathlon. Malibu is a celebrity filled event that everyone I have ever talked to who has done it seems to love. It went on sale today and it always sells out very quickly and so I jumped on it and will doing it next September. It is kind of an oddball longish-sprint distance. The swim is one mile, the bike is eighteen miles and the run is four miles.

The Redondo Beach Triathlon is a super sprint event. The swim is half a mile, the bike is six miles and the run is two miles. I should be able to finish this in well under an hour. By far the shortest triathlon I will have done.

I have also taken the Encinitas Sprint Triathlon off of my schedule. I like this race, but I don't want to over extend myself.

No comments: