Monday, February 23, 2009

A Whole Lotta Nothin'


I had big plans for the weekend, but somewhere around 2:00 in the afternoon on Friday I started not to feel so well. By the time I got home from work, I was just plain sick and I started coughing up a lot of goo. My plan for Saturday was to run with the L.A. Leggers, then bike down to the Rose Bowl with Paul of Giving It A Tri and watch the end of  Stage 7 of the Tour of California.
 
By Friday night I knew I wasn't going to get up at 5:00 am to run, but I was still hoping that I would recover enough to go riding. But come Saturday morning it was obvious that I wasn't going anywhere. I called Paul and cancelled. Most of the rest of the day was spent reading Transfer of Power by Vince Flynn (a very manly book,) and then watching the Tour of California on TV. It was fun to watch it on TV because I have ridden much of the course and so I knew where the riders were most of the time.

Saturday was our 11th wedding anniversary, but instead of the plans to go out, The Great Magnetic Wife and I just stayed in and ate pizza.

On Sunday, I thought I was feeling a little better and so I planned to go to church. I even took a shower and got dressed. Then I went into another coughing fit and decided it would be best to stay home. I read more of my manly book and watched the final stage of the Tour of California.

Big plans, but ended up being a whole lotta nothin'.

No comments: