Thursday, October 23, 2008

Land Of The Lost


I went out on my usual Thursday morning run and even planned, more or less, my usual route: west on Sunset Boulevard into Beverly Hills, turn south through the neighborhood of stately mansions and back. I was in a great groove, I was going much faster than usual, and when I was running through the Beverly Hills neighborhood I guess I got lost because suddenly I was on Santa Monica Boulevard and a ways from home. I was enjoying my run so much I guess I didn't really pay attention to where I was going. So instead of the planned six mile run I did seven and a half miles. The good news is that I did it a 10:31 a mile pace, which for me, is blazing fast. For most people that is a slow jog, but we're talking about me, Slow John, that is really much faster than normal by about a minute a mile.

No comments: