Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ironman In Three Parts


The plan was to do an Ironman over three days. I did a little over two miles on Friday morning. I'm not sure if it was 2.4, but it was close enough. It took almost exactly 1:30. I took about thirty minutes to transition in my car to the bike and rode down to Long Beach to pick up my race number, etc For the Long Beach Half Marathon. To get a few more miles, I rode up the Coyote Creek Bike Path. Other than a flat, it was a good ride. Back to Santa Monica for a total of 72 miles.

This morning I ran 12 miles with the L.A. Leggers and then an additional 1.1 miles to complete half-marathon distance. I then did forty miles to complete my 112. Tomorrow when I complete 13.1 miles, I will have completed my three day Ironman. Of course, the trick will be putting this all together in one day. But, as I write this, while also watching the Ironman World Championships on my computer, I feel great. The half-marathon should be no problem. My confidence is growing.

No comments: