Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mechanical Bull


What a weekend!  So much so that it has taken until Wednesday to write about it.  On Friday night The Great Magnetic Wife and I met her good friend Lori, and Lori's daughter Diana for dinner at the Saddle Ranch on Sunset Blvd. We have lived just down the street from there since it opened, but have never been. The food was so-so, but the service was good and the atmosphere was fun. There was a drunk guy who annoyed just about everyone there, but eventually he was kicked out. 

They gave us a free desert and then the manager came over and offered a free mechanical bull ride.  You betcha!  Having never been on a mechanical bull, but always secretly wanting to, this was my chance.  

I signed my life away on their disclaimer form and within ten minutes was up on the bull.  The guy who operated it gave me a few pointers and off we went. I probably lasted about six or seven seconds and then was bucked off.  The guy asked me if I wanted another round and I said sure.  The second time I was doing quite well.  I counted to eight seconds in my mind and so that would have been a great ride had it been a real bull.  Then some I started to think, "this kind of hurts and it's not that much fun anymore." So I let go and got tossed off.  I'm glad I did it.  I can now cross that off the list of things I need to do. It wasn't very high up on the list, but it was there. Now it's not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely not on my list!