Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Five Fingers Thum


While I have been enjoying by season with the L.A. Leggers running only in my Vibram Five Fingers, my brother has wholeheartedly embraced true barefoot running. He has become friends with the guru of barefoot running, Barefoot Ken Bob and a number of other guys whose monikers begin with “Barefoot.” It seems all of the barefoot runners are known as Barefoot (insert name here), i.e. Barefoot Ken Bob, Barefoot Ted, my brother would be known as Barefoot Dave.

I never run barefooted, I always run in the Vibram Five Fingers. It’s close, as close as you can get without actually running barefoot, but the is a difference and I doubt I’ll ever go all the way to barefoot running. So for guys like me, my running name shouldn’t start with “Barefoot,” it should start with “Five Fingers.” Hence, my new running name will be Five Fingers Thum!

John Thum