Monday, April 26, 2010

I Didn't Get In



The third time was not a charm. For the third time in a row I did not win the lottery. I did not get in the New York City Marathon. The good news is that after being denied three times in a row, the will let me in next year.
I immediately started looking for another marathon to run in the fall. I discovered that the Washington D.C. Marine Corps Marathon took place one week earlier than New York. Unfortunately, I hesitated for a day and that marathon sold out in the mean time. Oh well.


4 comments:

Paulie said...

I didn't get in either. I'm considering doing Seattle, but I don't know if I want to run in the rain,

ɹǝƃƃolquǝʞoʇ said...

*sigh*

hey, check out that spam!

Tracey Axnick said...

My cousin did the DC marathon you mentioned (she used to live in Bethesda)...

I'm really so impressed with your running. How many marathons have you done?

Slow John said...

Tracey- I have only run one stand alone marathon, L.A. in 2008. I have also done a marathon as part of an Ironman triathlon in 2008. So I count that and say I have done two marathons. I have also run 10 half-marathons.