Saturday, March 27, 2010

Started My Training for NYC Marathon


Today I started my training for the New York City Marathon with a one mile run. I went with Rango to the local high school track and ran a mile while my dog chased birds on the football field and followed me around. I ran with my Vibram Five Fingers. I plan on using them for at least half of my runs on this training schedule.

I am using the L.A. Leggers basic training schedule and in thirty two weeks, on November 7, 2010, I will be ready for the NYC Marathon. Of course, I haven't actually been granted a spot in the marathon yet, I won't know if I'll actually get in until June, but in order to do the entire Legger training regimen, I had to start today.

John Thum

3 comments:

Paulie said...

I guess I need to start running again too.

ɹǝƃƃolquǝʞoʇ said...

If you step on stones does it still feel like you're barefoot (does it hurt)?

Slow John said...

Occasionally it hurts if I step on a big rock, but the vibram soles protect the feet, so usually it is quite comfortable.