Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Now What Do I Do?


It has come. I knew it would come, and it's here. There is sort of a post big-event let down that always happens. I have been living, dreaming, thinking and training for the Ironman for a year. I pushed through the doubts, the bad training days and all of the ups and downs of preparing for an Ironman. I ran through the whole thing in my mind everyday. Now, the thing is done and I feel somewhat aimless. After a few days off, I have continued to train, but with a lot less focus and purpose. I continue to run with the L.A. Leggers, in fact we are scheduled to run twenty miles this weekend, but there is no specific goal. I think I am going to have to figure out something or I am afraid I might lose interest.

1 comment:

Mrs. Birnie said...

Congratulations, John! I am so proud of you (and Wendy!). My mom just sent me your site and it was so fun to read about your adventures!!! Having dabbled in triathalons(have to go again when the girls are older)I know what a committment you've made and how awesome it is to be an IRONMAN!!! You're my inspiration!!!
Lots of love!
Cousin Rhonda!