Thursday, August 13, 2009

Another Ironman In 2011?


At this time last year I was obsessing over competing in my first Ironman triathlon and training very hard six days a week. The weekends where very long days of training, usually eight to ten hours. The only break on the weekends was to go to church. On weekdays I got up early for at least an hour-long morning training session and then did a couple hours after work. This year, not so much. I have had a lot more time to do other things, but I have also put on about twenty pounds. I kind of miss having a great big goal. I am leaning more and more to doing Ironman Arizona again in 2011. As of today, the plan is to volunteer at this year's race and then sign up for next years. We are also trying to buy a house and other things, so I reserve the right to change my mind, but I definitely need more focus in my workouts.

No comments: