Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ironman California 70.3 - March 27, 2010


I just signed up for the Ironman California 70.3 (half ironman triathlon) on March 27, 2010. The price will go up $25.00 tomorrow, so I figured this was a good day to do it. 

I have not had a big goal this year and my training has definitely suffered as I have not had a huge scary event looming. Last year, I had to train because the L.A. Marathon and then the California Half Ironman and then, of course, Ironman Arizona and a few other big ones in between. Whenever I was inclined to take it easy, I had to remember what was coming. 

This year I am doing a bunch of half marathons and a few shorter triathlons, but nothing too demanding. I am at the fitness level that I can pull these things off without sticking to a very disciplined and regimented training schedule. I think I need that to really be motivated. 

I will find out in the next week or so if I get into the New York City Marathon in November. If so, I will have something big to train for. I had thought about a Ironman Austin 70.3 (half ironman) in October, but I don't think that's going to happen. I am thinking about Ironman Arizona in November 2010. One year of hard training/racing and then a year of taking it relatively easy sounds about right.

No comments: