Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Bunyon At Runyon? No, A Whammy To My Hammy!


I went out for my last long run before the La Jolla Half Marathon next Sunday, April 26. I had planned to do eight to ten miles including a long uphill run at Runyon Canyon. About two miles in, just at the foot of Runyon Canyon, I jumped up off of the street, over the curb and on to the sidewalk. I felt something pop in my left hamstring. Uh oh! It wasn't too bad. I kept running. Then suddenly I could feel it. Every step came with a little pain in the hamstring. Dang! I stopped running. I started to walked home. I could walk fine with very little pain. A couple of times I tried to run again, but I could feel it when I did. Okay, I was going to have to walk the rest of the way home. I began to think whether or not I would be able to run next week. I think I can. I will let it rest for a couple of days and then try a run of about three miles or so on Monday or Tuesday. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

ɹǝƃƃolquǝʞoʇ said...

Man. Wow. The only thing that ever pops on me is joints.