Friday, February 8, 2008

Early Morning Ocean Swim


Up at 5:00 and down to Santa Monica to do a morning swim in the ocean. Went swimming with Tim Bomba and a new guy named Rick. Rick said that he probably couldn't keep up because he hadn't been swimming in the ocean for a while. Then he said something about "doing a little swimming in college." Rick was about 6'5" and had a swimmer's body. Both Tim and I said, I think you're going to end up way ahead of us. We were right.
Rick has done the Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon and encouraged me strongly to do it. I'm sure I will. My earlier post on the subject indicated I would. It is expensive, though. Enough excuses, I should do it!

There really is nothing quite like starting your day by seeing the sun rise as you're swimming along out in the ocean and witnessing the majesty of God's creation.

It was pretty cold, probably about 55 degrees, but once I started swimming is was nice. I am certainly grateful for my neoprene cap and booties. A great way to start the day.
I'll do some strength training after work.

No comments: